Galing Foundation, Inc.

is a non profit 501 (c) 3 tax exempt charitable organization registered in the State of Georgia







GFI assists in providing quality educational resources to underserved public schools, libraries and day care centers.




Tuesday, December 06, 2011

A Message by Jordan Alexander Moratin, 2010 Youth Leader Honoree




Photo credit: Ann Margaret Moratin
December 2, 2011, Chamblee, GA -

A Message by Jordan Alexander Moratin, 2010 Youth Leader Honoree:

About this time last year, I was presented the Galing Foundation Youth Leadership Award, and now it is time for this same honor to be presented to someone else, so I'd like to take a couple of minutes to express what it is about this award that has meant so much to me.

I am very proud to be part of Galing Foundation because I know that this organization helps many children in the Philippines. I wish could've done more.

Although, I wondered sometimes if there was something special that I was supposed to do to prove myself worthy of such an honor, and it took a little while for me to figure out just what it is that I was supposed to do. But those who voted for me last year wasn't looking for me to perform any miracles, or to meet with Presidents and Dignitaries, they just wanted me to know that they appreciated what I had already done and their expectations of me were only to keep up the good work. And I hope that I have done that.

One thing about it, any time you do something that is recognized by others as something good and worthwhile, that in itself is an award. When we achieve something for ourselves and make room in our lives to help others whenever possible, then, it goes without saying, we are all entitled to an award. It is only through the engagement of cooperation and understanding that we can eliminate dissension and bring about peace and harmony. At this time, I would like to thank those that are involved in Galing Foundation. And on behalf of all the unfortunate children in the Philippines, Thank you for all that you do! Maraming Salamat Po!

About JORDAN

-a student at Bay Creek Middle School 2011-2012
- remains as a straight A student
- Principal's Honor Roll Award for school year 2010-2011
- Certificate of Excellence In Leadership - Student Council President 2010-2011
- Perfect Attendance 2011
- Grayson's Citizenship Award 2010-2011
- Certificate of Participation in Honor's Choir 2010-2011
- Certificate of Participation in RAM Buddy 2010-2011
- Certificate of Participation in GETV 2010-2011
- Still performs in different events like Grayson Days, Atlanta's Dogwood Festival, Snellville Days and Gwinnett Relay for Life
-s very active in playing soccer.

No comments: